There is no greater joy in life than bringing a baby into the world. At Halifax Health – Center for Women & Infant Health, you will receive the most comprehensive care available from pregnancy to delivery. And you can take comfort in knowing the area’s only Level II NICU and 24/7 OB Emergency Department are right here, just in case.
Did You Know?
- Each year, nearly 500,000 babies are premature. That’s 1 of every 8 infants born in the United States.
- A premature birth is when a baby is born before 37 completed weeks of pregnancy. A full-term pregnancy is 40 weeks.
- Important growth and development occur throughout pregnancy – especially in the final months and weeks.
- Halifax Health has the area’s only Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and 24/7 OB Emergency Department.
- Halifax Health offers advanced 4D Ultrasound Systems that provide prenatal images with the highest resolution possible, Fetal Doppler Studies, 1st Trimester screen, “Maternity 21,” Genetic Scan, and more.
- Halifax Health has OB/GYN Hospitalists available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year should your private physician not be immediately available.
- The NICU is a Level II licensed – 9 bed unit.
- We see approximately 10% of all births – about 200 babies – per year.
- We have around 30 team members.
- Our Neonatalogists are available 24/7.