Lohman Diabetes Conference 2021
Caregivers will also find useful information to help care for those with diabetes. Medical professionals will learn the most up to date information and technology available to treat diabetes patients.
Sunday, November 14, 2021
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
News Journal Center
221 N. Beach Street
Daytona Beach, FL
Halifax Health – Lohman Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology is excited to present a full day conference for the general public and medical professionals. This conference is designed to provide knowledge and resources to help those diagnosed with pre-diabetes, Type 1, and Type 2 diabetes. Caregivers will also find useful information to help care for those with diabetes. Medical professionals will learn the most up to date information and technology available to treat diabetes patients.
Registration is $25 and includes lunch.
For more information please contact Mica.Lill@halifax.org
This one-day conference includes:
- Speakers and Workshops
- Research and Technology
KEYNOTE SPEAKER – Nicole Johnson, DrPH
Dr. Nicole Johnson is an award winning author and communicator who started her career when named Miss America in 1999. She holds a Doctorate Degree in Public Health as well as a Masters in Public Health and Communications. Dr. Johnson is currently Vice-President of Operations, Science & Healthcare at the American Diabetes Association.
- Lowell and Nancy Lohman
- Poonam Kapadia, MD, UF Health Endocrinology at Halifax Health
- Brittany S. Bruggeman, MD, FAAP, Pediatric Endocrinology UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital
- Sheila Gupta, MD, Gupta Medical Specialist
- Andrew Koutnik, PHD, Research Scientist, Type-1 Diabetic, and patient advocate at University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine and Florida Institute of Human and Machine Cognition
- Robert Feezor, MD, UF Health Heart & Vascular Surgery at Halifax Health
- Scott Covington, MD, Halifax Health – Center for Advanced Wound Care
- Andria Klioze, MD, CEO of Heal Community Inc.
- Ruwan Silva, MD, MPhil, Florida Retina Institute
- Stacey Scrabis, MS, RD, LDN, Dietician and Wellness Coordinator
- Pediatric Panel
- Ian Joseph Ball, since being diagonsed, has played basketball, baseball, football and golf. He is currently playing golf for Stetson University.
- Michelle Martinez is a 15 year old competitive swimmer from Palm Coast, and Type 1 diabetic since she was eight years old.
- Saira Petty was diagnosed at nine years old, and now works as a wellness ambassador.