Look to the Tower for the Highest Level of Care
The towers at Halifax Health have watched over our community’s rooftops for over 90 years. As the area’s healthcare leader, we are committed to providing the highest level of care with expertise, technology and compassion. We are your neighbors, friends and even your family. When looking for the highest level of healthcare, look to the tower.
How is Halifax Health the Highest Level of Care?
Halifax Health is an Acute Care Facility for Florida’s Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Program and operates the area’s only Level II Trauma Center as well as the area’s only Pediatric Emergency care. With these services, in addition to a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center and a Chest Pain Center, Halifax Health offers the most comprehensive Emergency Medicine services in our community.
The emergency department at Halifax Health is equipped with the latest technology available, including:
• Florida’s first GE CT750 HD scanner, which delivers clearer images of the heart while using less radiation
• The first wireless digital x-ray system in the United States
• A private energy plant with generators able to support the entire hospital for five days
• A private, nonstop elevator connects the helipad to the trauma suites in the emergency department
Halifax Health has earned The Joint Commission’s Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center Certification. Earning this certification means that Halifax Health offers the highest level of stroke care in Volusia and Flagler counties. The most significant care required for this certification includes:
• Neurosurgeons and neurologists coverage 24/7/365
• Interventional neuroradiologists staffed to remove blood clots when possible
• Advanced imaging capabilities including MRI and cerebral angiography
• Dedicated stroke unit staffed with nurses who have advanced education for stroke patient care
• Advanced surgical and endovascular techniques including clipping and coiling intracranial aneurysms and intra-arterial thrombolysis
• Dedicated neurological intensive care unit beds with the capacity to care for patients who have received interventional treatment following a stroke including clot-busting drugs and advanced surgical and endovascular techniques
The UF Health Heart Surgery Program at Halifax Health earned the highest and most distinguished three-star rating from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for its patient care and outcomes in aortic valve replacement (AVR) and coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) in 2020. The three-star rating places UF Health Heart Surgery at Halifax Health among the elite for aortic valve replacement (AVR) and coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery in the United States and Canada.
Halifax Health is home to the areas only 24-hour OB Emergency Department where expectant mothers are seen by a board certified OB/GYN Physician to evaluate the health of mom and her unborn baby. Our expert team is ready at all times if an emergency should occur. Neonatologists and experienced neonatal nurses staff our 24-hour Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) which gives you the comfort of knowing you and your baby will be under one roof should they require intensive care.
We have the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Volusia and Flagler counties that is equipped and ready to care for premature babies that are born earlier than 28 weeks and smaller than two pounds. When you hear the term “Level III” this means that the facility can provide the highest level of neonatal care as designated by the state of Florida.
At Halifax Health, our comprehensive pediatric emergency program provides specialized emergency care with a seamless transition to pediatric acute care. Halifax Health is the area’s only Acute Care Pediatric Unit with pediatrics specialists and intensivists available 24 hours a day, and the area’s ONLY Level II Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit is dedicated to the treatment of children who require the highest level of medical attention and care.
Halifax Health – Speediatrics is a 26-bed NASCAR-themed pediatric unit designed to care for the whole family. With the help of the NASCAR Foundation and community partners, we are able to create positive and memorable experiences for the children and families that come to Halifax Health – Speediatrics. First opened in 1999, it was renovated and reopened on November 10, 2010. Speediatrics cares for more than 2,000 children each year.
Designated as a Best Hospital for Hip and Knee Replacement in Central Florida and consistently ranked among America’s 100 Best Hospital for Orthopedic Surgery for superior outcomes in back and neck, Halifax Health – Center for Orthopedics has a full orthopedic team ready to get you back to doing what you love.
• Awarded first in the state and second in the country for discharge from hip and knee surgery without readmission
• Coverage from the area’s only Orthopedic Traumatologist
• Staffed by the area’s only Patient Navigator specializing in Orthopedics and Neurology
• A dedicated 36-bed orthopedic unit with all private rooms
• Above target performance on all Joint Commission SCIP (Surgical Care Improvement Project) core measures for hip and knee replacements
• Bi-weekly pre-operation classes providing patients with comprehensive education for joint replacement
• Multiple post-operation physical therapy sessions a day
• Dedicated nursing staff specializing in orthopedic care
• Anesthesia staff offering each patient superior pain management specifically designed for orthopedic patients
Since 1978 Halifax Health – Hospice has provided end of life care to Volusia and Flagler residents. Whether it’s providing care at home, in a skilled nursing facility or in one of our four Care Centers, Halifax Health – Hospice improves the quality of the lives of patients and their loved ones by reducing the anxiety, pain and burdens that may accompany illness.
Medicare.gov ranked Halifax Health – Hospice as the Top Rated and Most Recommended Hospice in Central Florida and in 2021 Halifax Health – Hospice completed its state survey deficiency free.
Halifax Health | UF Health Medical Center of Deltona
Halifax Health | UF Health – Medical Center of Deltona is a 6-story medical center with 43 licensed beds along with a two-story medical annex building adjacent. There are 4 operating rooms, 3 multi-purpose special procedure rooms, 13 intensive care rooms and 30 medical/surgical rooms.
Halifax Health Medical Center of Port Orange
As the only Emergency Department in Port Orange that is attached to a full-service Hospital, Halifax Health – Medical Center of Port Orange offers a wide range of services and medical procedures.
Meet Our Physicians
A Tower Close to You
For more than 90 years, Halifax Health has provided high-quality healthcare to East Central Florida residents and visitors.