Our visitation policy, has been activated to reduce any opportunity for the COVID-19 virus to enter our hospital during this time, is:
- Patients are permitted two visitors at a time. For reasons of:
- Reducing the risks of Covid-19
- Providing a quiet healing environment
- Providing greater safety for patients and staff
- Exceptions are being made for extenuating circumstances, such as end of life or unique patient needs.
- We continue to screen everyone entering any of our three hospitals.
- Patients with fever and respiratory infection symptoms are placed in isolation for the protection of staff and other patients. They are seen and evaluated by a qualified medical provider and appropriate treatment is provided.
- Anyone entering an isolation room will wear personal protective equipment that includes gloves, gowns, respiratory protection and eye protection.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms of the flu and possible Covid-19. Anyone with flu-like symptoms will not be allowed access.
- Our staff is continually trained and educated on the care of all of our patients. With Covid-19, additional training and education is being conducted
- We are making every effort to educate and inform the public on ways to remain healthy, including rigorous and frequent hand washing, through this website and our social media outlets. Please check back often for updates.
There is a wide variety of choices for meals and snacks at Halifax Health:
France Tower Cafe’
Located on Level 1 of the France Tower, the France Tower Café offers gourmet coffee, sandwiches, salads, soups, pizzas and pastries.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Guest Meal Trays
Room Service is primarily for patients. However, guest trays are available on most units for $4 for breakfast and $6 for lunch or dinner, paid for by cash only.