Visiting hours and the number of visitors allowed vary by area and a patient’s condition. It is best to check with the nursing staff in your unit for specific information.
- In general, visiting hours are from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- As part of their healing process, it is important for patients to rest. If you are staying after 8:00 pm, please observe our quiet time.
Visitors Presenting at Information Desk
Visitors that identify a patient by name may be given room number and general (one-word) condition unless the patient has requested confidential status.
Information disclosed to visitors must not include the nature of treatment or medical condition.
No information will be given to visitors asking about patients located in a behavioral or substance abuse unit.
All media representatives will be referred to Communications.
Our visitation policy, has been activated to reduce any opportunity for the COVID-19 virus to enter our hospital during this time, is:
- The current visitation policy remains at two visitors at a time.
- Exceptions are being made for extenuating circumstances, such as end of life or unique patient needs.
- We continue to screen everyone entering any of our three hospitals.
- Patients with fever and respiratory infection symptoms are placed in isolation for the protection of staff and other patients. They are seen and evaluated by a qualified medical provider and appropriate treatment is provided.
- For patients in isolation, visitation will be limited to one visitor per day. The visitor must wear the required PPE to gain entry.
- Anyone entering an isolation room will wear personal protective equipment that includes gloves, gowns, respiratory protection and eye protection.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms of the flu and possible Covid-19. Anyone with flu-like symptoms will not be allowed access.
- Our staff is continually trained and educated on the care of all of our patients. With Covid-19, additional training and education is being conducted
- We are making every effort to educate and inform the public on ways to remain healthy, including rigorous and frequent hand washing, through this website and our social media outlets. Please check back often for updates.
Courtesy carts driven by dedicated volunteers, are available most days, Monday through Friday, to provide transportation to and from the parking areas and the main entrance.
There is a wide variety of choices for meals and snacks at Halifax Health:
France Tower Cafe
Located on Level 1 of the France Tower, the France Tower Café offers gourmet coffee, sandwiches, salads, soups, pizzas and pastries.
Guest Meal Trays
Room Service is primarily for patients. However, guest trays are available on most units for $4 for breakfast and $6 for lunch or dinner, paid for by cash only.
Wireless Internet Access
Halifax Health is pleased to offer wireless Internet access free of charge to visitors, patients and visiting physicians. This access is available throughout the facility, including patient rooms.
In addition to flowers, snacks, balloons, and a large selection of get well presents, the gift shop offers other unique merchandise. Proceeds go to the Halifax Health Auxiliary.
Companies responsible for delivering flowers or gifts will be encouraged to: verify in advance that the recipient is in the hospital and able to receive flowers; and arrange delivery times according to the hospital’s internal delivery schedule; and obtain an alternate delivery address for the item in the event the patient is discharged or otherwise unable to receive the item.
Items to be delivered to patients are to be left in a designated location for delivery by facility volunteer staff.
Items will be delivered daily by volunteer staff at these times:
- Monday – Friday – 11:00 am & 3:00 pm
- Saturday – 11:00 am
- Sundays (and Major Holidays) – No deliveries will be made