Breast Cancer Navigator
A diagnosis of breast cancer can be overwhelming for patients, as well as their families. At Halifax Health – Center for Oncology, we’re here to answer questions and help you navigate through your journey.
Halifax Health – Center for Oncology offers a Breast Navigator to you, which is provided as a complimentary service.
What will my Breast Navigator do for me?
- Provide emotional support and comfort to newly diagnosed patients
- Help you navigate through the healthcare system
- Serve as a point of contact to create a seamless approach to your care
- Expedite scheduling for appointments and tests
- Collaborate with physicians, healthcare providers and team members to provide advice, support and real time answers to your questions
- Connect you with local and national community resources
The Breast Navigator is an educator, an advocate and friend who will guide you through diagnosis, treatment and beyond.
Your Breast Navigator will provide emotional support, education and act as a resource so that you can make well-informed decisions regarding your care options. This service coordinates access to cancer care services while providing quality care. The Breast Navigator can assist with coping strategies for dealing with fear and anxiety that can be felt by newly diagnosed cancer patients and their families.
Our Certified Breast Navigator is here to provide support so you never have to feel alone on your journey.
If you would like to speak with our Breast Navigator, please contact Jennifer Peludat, ARRT, RT (R)(M) CBPN-I
386.425.2378 or email Jennifer.Peluadat@halifax.org.