Patient Navigator, Breast Cancer
A diagnosis of breast cancer can be overwhelming for a patient, as well as their family. Halifax Health – Cancer Center for Hope has a Breast Patient Navigator available for you, which is provided as a complimentary service.
What will my Breast Patient Navigator do for me?
- Provide emotional support and comfort to newly diagnosed patients
- Help you navigate through the healthcare system
- Serve as a point of contact to create a seamless approach to your care
- Expedite scheduling for appointments and tests
- Collaborate with physicians, healthcare providers and team members to provide advice, support and real time answers to your questions
- Connect you with local and national community resources
The patient navigator is an educator, an advocate and friend who will guide you through diagnosis, treatment and beyond.
Your patient navigator will provide emotional support and education and act as a resource so that you can make well-informed decisions regarding your care options. This service coordinates access to cancer care services while providing quality care. The patient navigator can assist with coping strategies for dealing with fear and anxiety that can be felt by newly-diagnosed cancer patients and their families.
Our certified breast patient navigator is here to provide support so you never have to feel alone on your journey.