Gastrointestinal Cancer Navigator
A diagnosis of gastrointestinal cancer can leave you feeling overwhelmed. Halifax Health – Center for Oncology has a Gastrointestinal Cancer Navigator available for you and your family, to help you navigate the next steps in your treatment. All of our navigator services are provided as a complimentary service to our patients.
What will my GI Cancer Navigator do for me?
- Provide emotional support and comfort upon diagnosis
- Help you navigate through the healthcare system
- Serve as a point of contact to create a seamless approach to your care
- Expedite scheduling for appointments and tests
- Colloborate with physicians, healthcare providers, and team members to provide advice, support and real time answers to your questions
- Connect you with local and national community resources
Your GI Cancer Navigator is an educator, an advocate and friend who will guide you through diagnosis, treatment and beyond. Your navigator will provide emotional support, education, and act as a resource so that you can make well-informed decisions regarding your care options. This service coordinates access to cancer care services while providing quality care. The GI Cancer Navigator can assist with coping strategies for dealing with fear and anxiety that can be felt by newly diagnosed cancer patients and their families