Licensed Clinical Social Worker
A cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming for a patient and their family. Halifax Health – Center for Oncology has a Licensed Clinical Social Worker available to provide support, address your needs and assist in the prevention of barriers and access to care.
Provided as a complimentary service, the Licensed Clinical Social Worker will help you with the following services:
- Work collaboratively with your physician, healthcare providers and care team members to identify barriers to care and support you may need
- Assist with transportation so you can make it to your scheduled appointments
- Establish connections in the community to address social needs such as: housing, substance abuse treatment, meals, caregiver needs, finding a healthcare provider and other needs you may identify as a potential barrier to your care
- Ensure that you have access to other Oncology care Team Members such as our navigators, dietitian and financial counselor
- Identify local and national supportive and community resources
- Provide brief counseling to assist with identifying coping strategies and to ensure you have the emotional support that may arise during our journey
Our Licensed Clinical Social Worker is here to provide support so you never have to feel alone on your journey.
If you would like to speak with our Social Worker, please contact Charles Sternberg, LCWS at 386.425.2128 or email Charles.Sternberg@halifax.org