Patient Navigator, Head and Neck Cancer
A diagnosis of head or neck cancer can be overwhelming for patients, as well as their families. At Halifax Health – Cancer Center for Hope, we’re here to answer questions and help you navigate through your journey.
Halifax Health – Cancer Center for Hope offers a Patient Navigator to individuals diagnoses with head or neck cancers, which is provided as a complimentary service.
What will my Head & Neck Cancer Patient Navigator do for me?
- Provide emotional support and comfort to newly diagnosed patients
- Help you navigate through the healthcare system
- Serve as a point of contact to create a seamless approach to your care
- Expedite scheduling for appointments and tests
- Collaborate with physicians, healthcare providers and team members to provide advice, support and real time answers to your questions
- Connect you with local and national community resources
She is an educator, an advocate and a friend who will guide you through diagnosis, treatment and beyond.
Your Patient Navigator will provide emotional support, education and act as a resource so that you can make well-informed decisions regarding your care options. This service coordinates access to cancer care services while providing quality care. The Patient Navigator can assist with coping strategies for dealing with fear and anxiety that can be felt by newly diagnosed cancer patients and their families.