Patient Navigator, Survivorship
At Halifax Health – Grant Cancer Center for Hope, we know a patient’s journey with cancer doesn’t end when treatment is complete. Through our Survivorship Patient Navigator program, we will continue this journey with you.
Our Survivorship Patient Navigator will:
- Address questions about the effects of treatment, as well as medical and other life issues post-treatment
- Expedite scheduling for appointments or tests
- Ensure access to social counselors, nutritionists and local support agencies
- Explore and assist with post-treatment financial or work-related concerns
- Manage long-term or late effects of treatment with your medical care team
- Develop coping strategies for dealing with fear or anxiety
Your patient navigator is an educator, an advocate and a friend who will guide you through diagnosis, treatment and beyond. Your navigator will provide emotional support and education, and act as a resource so that you can make well-informed decisions regarding your care options. This service coordinates access to cancer care services while providing quality care. The patient navigator can assist with coping strategies for dealing with fear and anxiety that can be felt by newly diagnosed cancer patients and their families.