Head and Neck Cancer Navigator and Survivorship Navigator
A diagnosis of head or neck cancer can be overwhelming for patients, as well as their families. At Halifax Health – Center for Oncology, we’re here to answer questions and help you navigate through your journey.
Halifax Health – Center for Oncology offers a Head and Neck Navigator to you, which is provided as a complimentary service.
What will my Head and Neck Navigator do for me?
- Provide emotional support and comfort to newly diagnosed patients
- Help you navigate through the healthcare system
- Serve as a point of contact to create a seamless approach to your care
- Expedite scheduling for appointments and tests
- Collaborate with physicians, healthcare providers and team members to provide advice, support and real time answers to your questions
- Connect you with local and national community resources
She is an educator, an advocate and a friend who will guide you through diagnosis, treatment and beyond.
Your Head and Neck Navigator will provide emotional support, education and act as a resource so that you can make well-informed decisions regarding your care options. This service coordinates access to cancer care services while providing quality care. The Head and Neck Navigator can assist with coping strategies for dealing with fear and anxiety that can be felt by newly diagnosed cancer patients and their families.
At Halifax Health, we know a patient’s journey with cancer doesn’t end when treatment is complete. Through our Survivorship Nurse Navigator program, we will continue this journey as a partner in your care.
Provided as a complimentary service, Halifax Health offers a Survivorship Nurse Navigator dedicated to helping you after completion of your treatment and will serve as a system navigator, patient educator and advocate, care coordinator and community outreach connection. The Survivorship Nurse Navigator is the champion liaison of your recovery.
Our Survivorship Nurse Navigator can help:
- Address questions about effects from treatment, as well as medical and other life issues post treatment
- Expedite scheduling for appointments or tests
- Ensure access to social counselors, nutritionists and local support agencies
- Explore and assist with post treatment financial or work-related concerns
- Manage long-term or late effects from treatment with your medical care team
- Provide coping strategies for dealing with fear or anxiety
Our Survivorship Nurse Navigator provides you with a Care Plan listing all prior treatments and future appointments, which empowers you with information on all aspects of post-therapy recovery. The Survivorship Nurse Navigator is available after your treatment to provide advice and support as you progress through recovery. They work closely with your physician to provide real-time answers to your questions.
Our Head and Neck Navigator and Survivorship Nurse Navigator is here to provide support so you never have to feel alone on your journey.
If you would like to speak with our Head and Neck Cancer Navigator / Survivorship Navigator to discuss your cancer survivorship, please contact: