Since 1979, Halifax Health – Hospice has established itself as the respected leader in the local community for end-of-life care providing extraordinary and dignified comfort and compassion.
- We care for Volusia, Flagler, Orange and Osceola county residents with life limiting illness and their families.
- Physical, emotional and spiritual care is provided for all ages.
- Our patients are able to focus on family and loved ones, in peace and with dignity.
- Services are provided at home, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, care centers and hospitals.
- Halifax Health – Hospice staff makes visits based on the needs of the patient and family. For unanticipated situations our staff is available 24 hours a day.
- Halifax Health – Hospice’s medical team works closely with patient’s primary physician to assure the best plan of care.
- Halifax Health – Hospice is Medicare certified.
Every day, Halifax Health – Hospice cares for patients and families through a uniquely specialized team of registered nurses, licensed social workers, spiritual care counselors, Hospice aides, complementary therapists, and more than 600 volunteers who are on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Halifax Health – Hospice is not-for-profit, and provides services and programs well beyond traditional hospice care, including:
- Camp BeginAgain
- Children’s Grief Centers
- Family Caregiver Program
- Complementary Therapies
- Traumatic Loss Program