Nonsurgical facial rejuvenation can be performed with injectable fillers which contain hyaluronic acid. This is done in the office, and offers instant results with no downtime. Fillers are most often used to soften lines around the mouth. Newer advances in technology have created another category called volumizers.
Similar to fillers, volumizers are injected in the office. Patients have little downtime, instant results and may return to work after the procedure. They differ from fillers by providing more correction of facial aging, not only by increasing volume but also creating better overall harmony to the face. Currently the two volumizers available are Voluma and Sculptra.
- Voluma is the first and only FDA-approved injectable gel to instantly add volume to your cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21. It can provide you contour and a subtle lift for up to two years with optimal treatment.
- Sculptra is an injectable product that is intended to restore and correct the signs of facial fat loss. It makes the skin appear smoother and firmer while providing an increase in the skin thickness of the areas where volume (fat) has been lost, helping to restore fullness to the face for a more natural appearance.
- Juvederm is a non-surgical procedure that can be used to smooth away wrinkles and lines around the mouth and nose. It is used for injection in facial tissue where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur to temporarily add volume to the skin.
- Restylane is a non-surgical procedure that adds volume and fullness to the skin of the face to correct wrinkles and folds. It can also be used to add fullness and definition to lips. Formulated using hyaluronic acid, Restylane acts like your body’s own hyaluronic acid and will break down naturally over time.
- Perlane is the thicker version of Restylane, used to fill deeper lines on the face adding volume and fullness to the skin folds.
- Silk is designed for meticulously precise lip definition and line control for silkier and smoother lips. As we age, lips change and the lines around them become more noticeable. It addresses the fine vertical lines around that mouth that can cause lipstick to feather and aging the appearance.
- Botox is a non-surgical procedure that can be used to smooth out lines and wrinkles on the brow. This is performed by inserting medication into the muscle, causing the muscle to relax and the lines to minimize.
- A chemical peel is a nonsurgical procedure where a solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layer, reducing the appearance of sun damage, uneven color and fine wrinkles.
- Venus Legacy 4D technology, provides immediate, long term results for body contouring, cellulite reduction, stretch mark reduction, wrinkle reduction and skin tightening for the face, neck and body, with NO pain, discomfort or downtime, thus allowing patients to return to their daily activities right away.