Halifax Health has assembled a skilled and caring staff of physicians and other healthcare professionals to deliver all the gynecologic services you need. We offer a full range of women-centered programs in well-equipped facilities with the latest diagnostic and treatment technology.
Our gynecologists coordinate care with your primary care physician and other specialists to make sure you receive the best care over the long term. Whenever possible, we offer services on an outpatient basis. But when you do need to be admitted to the hospital, we have comfortable inpatient units that meet the special needs of our women patients.
Our services include all aspects of routine gynecologic care, with a focus on wellness and prevention. Our specialists diagnose and treat such conditions as abnormal uterine bleeding, pelvic pain, premenstrual syndrome, endometriosis, fibroids, uterine growths, ovarian cysts, urinary disorders and infertility.
- Diagnostic evaluation
- Pelvic imaging, colposcopy, specialized workups, biopsies, ultrasound, hysteroscopy
- Comprehensive treatment
- Medical management; gynecologic surgery (including minimally invasive and laser surgery) to remove fibroids, abnormal growths, uterus, ovaries, cervix
- Advanced alternatives to hysterectomies
- Hormone replacement therapy, bone density testing, heart testing
- Gynecologic oncology
- Cancers of vagina, cervix, uterus, ovary and vulva; genetic testing for women with a family history of ovarian cancer
- Gynecologic urology
- Incontinence, prolapse, bladder disorders, urologic cancers
- Disease prevention
- Routine evaluation