Through its own efforts and in collaboration with other entities, Halifax Health – Healthy Communities seeks to serve the children and families of Volusia and Flagler County by:
- Facilitating the provision of preventive care
- Enhancing access to healthcare
- Providing educational or other activities relating to general health and welfare
In 2013 Healthy Communities obtained its designation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services as a Certified Application Counselor assistor site. This designation qualifies Healthy Communities to assist with enrollment into the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Staff is able to:
- Provide information about the full range of Qualified Health Plan (QHP) options and Insurance Affordability Programs for which individuals are eligible.
- Assist with applications for coverage in a QHP through the Healthcare Marketplace.
- Help to facilitate enrollment in QHP’s and Insurance Affordability Programs.
For more information call today to schedule an appointment at 386.425.7920.
Healthy Communities Progams
Florida KidCare Outreach and Enrollment
- KidCare provides affordable, quality, comprehensive health insurance coverage for uninsured children from birth through age 18. It is comprised of Healthy Kids, MediKids, Children’s Medical Services Network and Medicaid. Healthy Communities performs marketing, outreach and enrollment services for all four KidCare programs.
Safe Kids Volusia/Flagler
- Healthy Communities serves as the agency for Safe Kids Volusia/Flagler. The Coalition is a member of Safe Kids Worldwide, a global network of organizations with a mission of preventing unintentional childhood injury, a leading cause of death and disability for children ages 14 and under. Some programs include: water safety, child passenger safety, wheel and pedestrian safety, and firearm safety.
- Healthy Communities provides the marketing/education component of the Healthy Start program in an effort to improve pregnancy and birth outcomes for expectant mothers and babies.