Florida KidCare provides affordable, quality, comprehensive health insurance coverage for children, from birth through age 18. It is comprised of MediKids, Healthy Kids, Children’s Medical Services Network, and Medicaid.
Healthy Communities’ KidCare Specialists are available to
- Provide one-on-one enrollment or renewal assistance for Florida KidCare, including online application assistance
- Provide technical assistance regarding Florida KidCare
- Educate community providers on the benefits of the program
- Conduct public information campaigns to maintain awareness of the program
Some of the services covered through KidCare
- Doctor visits
- Behavioral health
- Lab tests
There is no charge for Medicaid. Monthly premiums depend on your household’s size and income. Most families pay $15 or $20 a month. If you need to pay more, Florida KidCare will let you know. You may have to pay low co-payments for some services.
How to enroll
- Apply online at www.healthykids.org
- Or Call 386.425.7920 to request an application be mailed to you