Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery through UF Health
Halifax Health and UF Health are working in collaboration to offer world-class heart surgical options here in Volusia, Flagler and Brevard counties. We have this relationship with UF Health in order to offer their sophisticated heart surgery program as well as help to bring some of the best surgeons in the state within your reach.
Board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiothoracic surgeons from UF Health lead the heart side of the program and are located at the main campus of Halifax Health in Daytona Beach, Florida. These surgeons are known for their precision and successful outcomes.
Excellent care from UF cardiothoracic surgeons:
- Sohit Khanna, MD – A board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiothoracic surgeon. Dr. Khanna specializes in “off pump” heart bypass surgery, robotic thoracic surgery, and general surgery.
- Cary Meyers, MD – A board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiothoracic surgeon. Dr. Meyers focuses on transcatheter aortic valve replacement and endovascular thoracic aneurysm repair.
UF Health’s top-notch surgeons offer these heart surgery options:
- Ascending aortic aneurysm repair
- Endo thoracic aneurysm repair
- Endoscopic coronary artery bypass grafting
- Endoscopic vein harvesting
- Extracorporeal cardiac support
- Off-pump heart bypass surgery
- On-pump heart bypass surgery
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery (MICS)
- Pulmonary resection
- Robotic thoracic and cardiac surgery (Robotic Lung)
- Thoracic transplantation
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Heart valve repair/replacement
- VATS sympathectomy
- Ventricular assist devices\
Meet Our Patients
Meet three of our patients who have either undergone off-pump heart bypass surgery, emergency open heart surgery or robotic lung surgery.
Your heart is in our best interest at Halifax Health. We continuously look for ways to make improvements and provide additional options that will benefit our patients. Building this relationship with UF Health Heart & Vascular Surgery changes the playing field for heart and vascular surgery in Volusia and neighboring counties. You now have better options available to you, including off-pump heart bypass surgery, robotic lung surgery, and minimally invasive heart valve surgeries, just minutes down the road.
To make an appointment, please call 386.226.2662