Hospice Nurse Residency Program
New to nursing but interested in a career in hospice? Our Hospice Nurse Residency Program gives new nurses the education and hands on training to start your career in the Hospice field of nursing.
- Starts September 13, 2021
- New grad students will have a four-month residency
- Curriculum includes Computer Based Learning and in person classroom lectures (in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines), simulated patient care scenarios, field observations and guided mentorship by a dedicated preceptor
- Classroom Training will be based out of our Port Orange Training Center or your assigned
- Care Center.
- Nurse residents will be employed full time at Halifax Health – Hospice during the residency and work in a full-time position in Case Management following graduation. A commitment to work full‑time (40 hours) for two years in this role is expected for all nurse residents.
- All nurse residents will be eligible to sit for national certification in hospice and palliative care (CHPN) prior to the end of their two-year commitment.
- Applications will be accepted from July 1st – August 1st
For more information or to apply email Jan Miller at email@example.com.