Support After Stroke
Halifax Health – Center for Neurosciences and Halifax Health – Brooks Rehabilitation Center for Inpatient Rehabilitation host a free support group that is for newly diagnosed stroke survivors, long term stroke survivors and their caregivers. The support group involves stroke support personnel and medical clinicians that provide insight and resources on the challenges that survivors and caregivers face.
You are invited to join our virtual support group offered to stroke survivors and their families. Interactive sessions are the second Tuesday of each month.
- August 11 Elizabeth Murphy – Adaptive Sports and Recreation Program
- September 8 Kelly Webb – Caregiver support and community resources
- October 13 Jeff Porter – Physical side of recovery
- November 10 Steven Miles, MD – Importance of Advance Directives in Stroke populations
- December 8 Eugene J. Rankin, PhD – Neurobehavioral, Neurocognitive and neuropsychological aspects of stroke rehabilitation.
- January 12 Meghan Cochrane, DO – Open discussion related to stroke rehabilitation.
Please RSVP to email@example.com to receive instruction on how to attend.
Join our Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SupportAfterStroke
Listen to Past Stroke Support Groups Here
June 2020 – Samantha Orr, MSN, RN, SCRN, Stroke Coordinator – Managing Risk Factors for Stroke
July 2020 – Elvia Cortes, APRN – Surgical Carotid Revascularization and surveillance
August 2020 – Elizabeth Murphy, Adaptive Sports and Recreation Program
September 2020 – Kelly Webb, Clinical Coordinator – Resources available to Stroke Survivors
October 13 Jeff Porter and Katherine McConnell – Physical side of recovery
November 10 Dr. Steven Miles on the importance on Advance Directives in Stroke Populations
December 8 Dr. Rankin on Neurobehavioral aspects of stroke rehabilitation.
January 14 Dr. Cochrane on Stroke Rehabilitation