MAGNETOM Aera 1.5T – State-of-the-art MRI Equipment
At Halifax Health, we offer Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) using one of the most advanced systems available in the market. Our top-of-the-line imaging equipment (MAGNETOM Aera 1.5T) gives us the ability to provide unsurpassed care to our patients, whether from the Daytona Beach area, throughout Central Florida, or beyond. By using the most advanced imaging technology, we can successfully help diagnose and treat patient conditions.
We are proud that the MAGNETOM Aera 1.5T we use is the first of its kind installed for clinical use in the United States and is one of the most advanced systems available in the market. The highly advanced scanner offers a full range of applications and has been designed to provide a high patient comfort level given its size.
Our advanced imaging equipment offers:
- Offers comprehensive, high-resolution imaging protocols for neurology, orthopedics, cardiology, pediatrics, oncology, and beyond.
- Offers high channel body imaging applications to provide ultra-fast images of the pelvis, abdomen, kidneys, and other critically important areas of the body.
- An ultra-short open bore, which leaves part of your body outside the scanner. Many patients find this comforting, especially those who may be claustrophobic, as well as for pediatric and bariatric patients. To further make patients comfortable, each patient is offered their choice of Pandora music during the scan.
- Yields 48 channels and enhanced gradients using high density coils. This helps to reduce the MRI time frame and ensure a high quality image is obtained.
- The ability to offer cerebral perfusion to delineate the blood flow to brain tissues to evaluate strokes and masses.
- Spectroscopy, which outlines the composition of brain tissue and assists in diagnosing brain masses without surgical intervention.
- Monitored MRI scan of conditional pacemakers.
- Ultra-fast parallel imaging that significantly reduces scan times. This allows us to complete a regular brain scan without contrast in in under ten minutes.
In clinical use, the scanner offers comprehensive, high-resolution imaging protocols for neurology, orthopedics, cardiology, pediatrics, oncology, and beyond. Additionally, it offers high channel body imaging applications to provide ultra-fast images of the pelvis, abdomen, kidneys, and other critically important areas of the body.
First in the Area
We have an excellent reputation in Volusia County and East Central Florida for our radiology and MRI procedures. To provide exceptional, valued care to our community, we were the first in the area to develop the process for scanning MRI conditional pacemakers, as well as being the first in the area to implement susceptibility weighted imaging (SWI) scans, which is a specialized scan for traumatic brain injuries.
Our mission is to provide excellent imaging that can be used to help your doctors and medical teams return you to living your life well. We make it a top priority to provide state-of-the-art MRI equipment in combination with our goal to always offer the best in patient comfort. Our combination of the most advanced imaging equipment in the field with our expert radiology team continues to keep us the most trusted imaging provider in the area.