As a Veteran, you deserve the respect and recognition earned while serving our country and protecting American freedom.
Halifax Health – Hospice is committed to honoring our military men and women for their selfless acts of courage. It is our privilege to offer programs which meet the specialized needs that may be experienced by Veterans. Our team work diligently to ensure our country’s heroes receive the honor and recognition they deserve. Many of our nation’s veterans have not been thanked for their service to our country.
Through our Veterans Recognition Program, we conduct pinning ceremonies for any veteran within the community – not just patients who receive our services. We have honored those who served in World War II, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf Wars and those who continue to serve today. Halifax Health – Hospice also expresses gratitude to the families of our veterans for their sacrifice.
Halifax Health – Hospice respectfully offers specially designed benefits for Veterans and their families:
- Feel confident that your needs, and those of your caregivers, will be met through individualized care planning.
- Ensure your access to end-of-life benefits through partnerships that Halifax Health – Hospice has established with local, state and federal agencies.
- Receive specialized services based on the unique needs of Veterans at end-of-life.
- Create a lasting memory of your contribution to our country by recording your story as part of the Veterans History Project with the Library of Congress.
- Be honored for your service with a pinning ceremony and receive a commemorative pin and ceremonial certificate.
- Participate in area Veterans events.
- Be there for one of your own by taking part in the Veteran-to-Veteran volunteer program.
For more information, please contact our Veterans Recognition Program Coordinator at 386.425.4715.