What is HMR?
Halifax Health is the only location in Volusia County that offers the world renowned weight loss program HMR Weight Management System. HMR is a medically-based weight loss and weight management program that was founded in 1983. There are multiple program options to choose from within HMR, yet at the foundation all of them include a combination of a structured diet, physical activity and one-on-one coaching with a registered dietitian. The ultimate goal of HMR is to help you not only lose weight, but to educate you on the benefits of maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle for maximum results.
Interested in finding out more?
If you are interested in the program you do not need a physician’s referral. Call us today at 386.425.4031 to attend a free orientation session and receive further details about the program.
How does HMR compare to other nationally recognized weight loss programs?
- In 2018 HMR was ranked #1 Fast Weight Loss Diet by U.S. News & World Reports annual diet rankings for a second year in a row. HMR’s program for weight management is one of the most effective weight-loss options available. The program shows that it is possible for overweight and obese individuals to achieve meaningful weight loss by integrating diet, physical activity and weekly one-on-one coaching.
Who is HMR?
- HMR provides medically supervised weight management programs to clinics, hospitals and major medical centers throughout the United States. HMR was founded in 1983 by Lawrence T.P. Stifler, Ph.D.
How does the program work?
- The goal is to help people achieve high rates of compliance with the lifestyle skills that can lead to weight loss and weight-loss management. One of the ways that HMR helps people to stay on the diet is that they encourage people to eat as many of the foods in the diet program as they’d like in order to stay full while still keeping calories low. This helps to stay on the diet longer and ultimately helps lose more weight.
How much weight does the average participant lose?
- In the most structured clinical option, average weight loss exceeds 20% of initial body weight, or 66lbs. for a mix of Decision-Free and Healthy Solutions patients with a BMI greater than or equal to 40, who completed 26 weeks.
Does the program help participants with conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure?
- It is well reported that weight loss is associated with favorable changes in risk factors for co-morbidities associated with obesity and with decreased medication needs. Because most HMR programs offer medical supervision, we are able to work with patients who have diabetes, high blood pressure and other obesity-related conditions.
To learn more about HMR and to see success stories visit hmrprograms.com
Disclaimer: Average weight loss for HMR’s in-clinic plans is 28 lbs. at 12 weeks for Healthy Solutions® and 38 lbs. at 12 weeks for Decision Free®. *Available to new or returning dieters who join the Healthy Solutions® or Decision-Free® plan delivered through this clinic before (09/30/2022). Offer not available online, to those currently enrolled in the HMR Program, or in Phase 2 (maintenance). This promotion is sponsored by HMR Weight Management Services Corp. Valid at this HMR Program location only. Cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. You will receive $100 towards HMR products. Void if reproduced, altered, expired, taxed, prohibited, or restricted by law. This offer is not insurance. You must be 19 years of age or older to redeem this offer. You must pay any sales tax. This offer is the property of HMR and must be turned in on request. HMR reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer at any time without notice.